1. Do quiet hours really exist?
The RA’s don’t always monitor for quiet hours… like once, there were 3 freshman riding up and down my hall yelling “would you like to buy from the trolley” in a shopping cart at 1 am.
2. I think I’m getting sick again….
When you live in such close quarters for 9 months of the year, you begin to accept the inevitable doom of catching whatever bug is going around.
3. Why are we willingly living in a room the size of a walk in closet?
When inviting friends over, it’s like playing human tetris with the space not already occupied by furniture.
4. Cleaning your room is nearly impossible.
I’m generally a clean person and not being able to tidy up (because only half the room is acceptable to touch) drives me up the wall.
5. What’s sleep????
I didn’t believe I could sleep less in college than I did in high school, but oh boy have I proven myself wrong. BUT HEY! My grades are pretty spiffy and I adore my friends so it’s worth it.
6. I didn’t realize how badly I wanted to take a bath until I couldn’t anymore.
Bath tubs don’t exist in college. If you want a bathtub, your only option is to just set up an inflatable pool in your room and hope for the best.
7. The dining hall is just a hot mess.
It’s too far away (seriously, who wants to walk across the street for food?), serves food I’ve never even heard of, and it’s honestly questionable to eat sometimes.
8. Inspections are coming- better clean the easy half of the bathroom.
If you’re like me and have roommates, you make sure to check when inspections are and race to see who gets to the mirror and sink first- no one likes cleaning the shower or toilet.
9. Aren’t the lounges supposed to be shared??
There’s always this guy. Or people who spend 12 hours in the same lounge, staring at their phones until you want to use the TV so they’re all of a sudden “watching a movie”.
10. I’ll just do my laundry next week.
I honestly believe that laundry is the worst part of the week. Not to mention, there’s always those people who take 50 washers so no one else can do laundry.
11. If I stay here much longer, I’m going to lose it
College has been… interesting.